Universal Music UK is a division of Universal Music Group, the global music leader. Universal Music UK has a number of office sites, mainly in London, and the recording studio Abbey Road.
Universal Music UK recognises the UK government’s ratification of the Paris Agreement, which limits global warming to no more than 2%.
Universal Music UK acknowledges its responsibility as a business leader to conduct business in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Universal Music UK is committed to action on the following impact areas: energy, water, waste, travel, procurement, delivery management and catering.
Universal Music UK will put this commitment in action through:
• complying fully with all relevant statutory regulations and exceeding environmental legislation requirements wherever possible.
• management responsibility for endorsing and upholding the company environmental policy and encouraging staff to act in an environmentally positive way.
• supporting a forum for staff to exchange ideas and implement actions (Team Green).
• identifying and monitoring our environmental impacts and devising and implementing an Environmental Action Plan to reduce those impacts.
• continuous development of our Environmental Action Plan. Our Environmental Action Plan is developed, reviewed and updated by members of Team Green.
• upholding the BREEAM Outstanding rating of our principal office building in Kings Cross.
• use of 100% renewable electricity for our other sites where energy procurement is controlled by Universal Music UK.
• adherence to a Travel Plan that promotes sustainability for staff and visitors .
• integrating environmental considerations in the procurement process for supplies and services for the operation of the business. This includes a consideration of total life cycle costs.
• integrating environmental responsibilities into appropriate job descriptions.
• communicating our actions to staff, artists, suppliers, customers, visitors and the general public and sharing best practice in order to encourage positive environmental behaviour.
• promising to review our environmental policy bi-annually and update as necessary. Responsibility for this lies with a senior director of the business.
David Sharpe, Chief Operating Officer, Universal Music UK